Friday 6 April 2018

Nail Crazies Unite - Modern Art

I combined 3 prompts for this so I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself.
April is a busy month - it's year end at work, it's a mad mani month when hundreds of people seem to have birthdays and oh yeah! Me - I am going to be 50 - if I have time I need to fit in some celebrating!
Anyway, I started with a base of A England Puck A Fairy, just one coat was enough for good coverage but beware, I didn't have gels on and this did stain a little, so gel base or double base coat next time.
I then did my fanbrush mani with Attitude Masking Tape (most silly name ever) and Barry M Flamingo.
Then I made decals on my Uber Mat with those same three colours. I tried a technique I had seen Kyong Lee do recently, and not dissimilar to the way I sometimes do my fanbrush manis but just using the polish brushes. I cut the decals into thin strips and added them to the center of each nail so the streaks were at 90 degrees to the fanbrush strokes.
Finally I stamped a scribbly image from Lina Make Your Mark 02 with A England Proserpine.
My son is doing GCSE art but I don't think he was really impressed with my efforts..never mind, I really liked them.
Lina Make Your Mark 02 with A England Proserpine.
Lina Make Your Mark 02 with A England Proserpine.
 Lina Make Your Mark 02 with A England Proserpine.
 Lina Make Your Mark 02 with A England Proserpine.
 
 Lina Make Your Mark 02 with A England Proserpine.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful look, Debbie! You should challenge your son to work with such a small canvas and then he'd realize how awesome you are!

    ReplyDelete