Saturday 24 February 2018

Nail Crazies Unite - Red and Black Hobbies

This week's prompt was Red and Black Hobbies.
Of course it was going to be knitting, it's the only thing I do in my spare time when I am not painting my nails.
I used Messy Mansion MM84XL with A England Anne Boleyn over 'Ard as Nails Beauty.
I have stamped with Anne Boleyn before and it stamps well but this was the first time over black and it obviously wasn't the best combo with this plate. I can see the stamping but it is subtle, great for wearing but not for photographing.
I did think about trying it matte before I took it off but in the end I just re-stamped with Colour Alike Red Dragon. This gave a much better contrast and you can see the stamping!

Time for a whinge now! IG interaction is so low (even if I wait a few days to see what responses I get, I have 5 day old pics appearing in my feed!) and in the Facebook group it is virtually non-existent, last weeks mani in the alternating group got no likes at all so I am unsure whether to even continue with these challenges. It's certainly not worth editing the pictures and writing a blog when time is short anyway - OK whinge over - back to the nail pics - I'll include the invisible ones for completeness, as I said, I could see the stamping, it was pretty and I wore it happily for a couple of days. The bolder version will last another day I think and then time for a change!
Messy Mansion MM84XL with A England Anne Boleyn
Messy Mansion MM84XL with A England Anne Boleyn
Messy Mansion MM84XL with A England Anne Boleyn

Messy Mansion MM84XL with Colour Alike Red Dragon
Messy Mansion MM84XL with Colour Alike Red Dragon
Messy Mansion MM84XL with Colour Alike Red Dragon
Messy Mansion MM84XL with Colour Alike Red Dragon





2 comments:

  1. This is dark and lovely, dear.

    I've been very disappointed with the level of interaction in the all the nail art FB groups I'm in. I think part of it has to do with Facebook monetizing "boosting" your post so people even see it and the other half is maybe...where do people comment on them? In your blog? On FB? On Instagram? I suspect most people are choosing Instagram b/c there's at least a chance we see each other's work there without having to specifically visit a site multiple times and message tracking is a titch easier.

    I do still like the FB group because of the inlinkz. It helps the bloggers share traffic, at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa
      I guess you are right about Inlinkz if blogging is important to you, and otherwise it does take effort to visit all the groups. I think people post their mani and move on. IG is all in one place even if you don't get to see everything!!

      Delete