Monday 15 May 2017

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Yellow and 1 bold colour

This week's prompt was Yellow and 1 bold colour. For my bold colour I went with the lovely stamping polish that Messy Mansion sent me recently, Amalfi Coast. This is a bright tealy blue although over such a powerful yellow it does look rather green. I don't think that matters, it's still bold.
The base colour is one of the new neons by 'Ard as Nails. I am not really a neon sort of a person but it's nice to have a full range of colours at my disposal and I have to say Oi Blondie seriously is a great yellow!! I am unlikely to wear it on its own but it's a perfect base for stamping.
I wanted both colours to be fairly equal on my nails so I chose a fairly solid image from Dixie Plates DP10. I didn't want the yellow to stand out too much but I didn't want to swamp it. I think the balance is about right although I subsequently stamped over it with white and black. It was still bright, but much more wearable for me!
As usual I took a million photos, but I think in the end the green background worked better than the reddish purple bush that I usually favour for my photos.
Dixie Plates DP10 with Messy Mansion Amalfi Coast
Dixie Plates DP10 with Messy Mansion Amalfi Coast
 Dixie Plates DP10 with Messy Mansion Amalfi Coast
 Dixie Plates DP10 with Messy Mansion Amalfi Coast

Dixie Plates DP10 triple stamped
Dixie Plates DP10 triple stamped

No comments:

Post a Comment