Friday 1 April 2016

March Challenges - Favourite Season - Summer

First - a new polish in my collection - I fell in love with this colour as soon as I saw it - I loved it, I wanted it and I was sure I would hate it once I got it... well, Annette at Rainbow Connection split up a few unsold Paint the Rainbow boxes and sold individual polishes for charity so I pounced on this elusive polish - Colors by Llarowe Welcome to Whoville.
And I was wrong, and so was Emily - we both thought we'd hate it but we don't! Beautiful consistency as always with CBL, this applied nicely, excellent coverage and I LOVED the colour!
I also thought that stunning salmony pink would make a perfect sunset colour for my Summer mani.

Serena @glitterglossfun invited me to join in with  Favourite Season for #nailswithigfriends and as I hate being cold so I chose Summer!
I resisted the urge to over complicate and do a gradient sky, I just sponged Colors by Llarowe Be Bold in Blue for the sea and then used DRK Seasons with Colour Alike Kind of Black and Kind of White for the palm trees and waves.
There didn't seem to be enough waves so I sponged a little more blue and restamped more white waves.
Colors by Llarowe Welcome to Whoville
Colors by Llarowe Welcome to Whoville
 Colors by Llarowe Welcome to Whoville

DRK Seasons
DRK Seasons
 DRK Seasons
the final collage

No comments:

Post a Comment