Saturday 20 February 2016

February Challenges - Smooshing, LOVE! and Flowers that I Love

Another combined post here - starting with a Valentine's Day smoosh.
The colours were pastel yellow, bright light blue and bright purple - I don't really have a pastel yellow but the picture they posted looked just like the 3 Leighton Denny colours that were part of the summer collection a few years back - Shipwrecked, Blue Lagoon and Maroon Me Knot so i went with those. They didn't end up quite as vibrant as I'd planned but I was nervous of adding a second layer of smoosh and turning it into a mess. so I went with the soft watercolour look.
As soon as I saw these colours the next thought that went through my head was flowers - a prompt for a weeks time for #clairestelle8feb was Flowers that I Love and these looked like the perfect colours for sweet peas, which are my favourites! I found an image on Moyra 10 Florality 2 that I am certain is sweet peas and stamped that with Barry M Black Grape.
Then after a day, I disguised this mani with a single coat of Kandy Colors Hey Girl and then stamped hearts with Barry M Black Currant and UberChic UC4-03 for the LOVE! prompt for #clairestelle8feb.
So, the time line is a bit mixed up for this mani but photos are in order of how the mani came together.
#smooshattack
#smooshattack 
 

Moyra 10 Florality 2 and Barry M Black Grape
Moyra 10 Florality 2 and Barry M Black Grape
UberChic UC4-03 and Barry M Black Currant
UberChic UC4-03 and Barry M Black Currant


No comments:

Post a Comment