Friday 11 December 2015

December Challenges - Reindeer and Ugly Sweater

I am way behind on my blog postings again, just trying to catch up...
Earlier this week I combined two challenges - Reindeer for #clairestelle8dec and Ugly Sweater for #30daysofcolourchallenge.
But first, Scar! I was trying to avoid all the excitement of the Paint the Rainbow boxes, but then I saw swatches of Bear Pawlish Scar from the November box - the likelihood of picking one of these up on the sales pages seemed slim so I weakened and bought the box- not that I didn't like the box, I was just trying to be sensible and I have rehomed one so I feel a bit better.
Anyway, Scar is the most stunning bright green holo with little green flakies in it. It is everything you could want in a bright green holo polish! This is the first Bear I have used, I do have another one but as yet only swatched. This applied beautifully giving great coverage with two coats. Pictures are taken with top coat, and I used the flash for the last two since the sun was nowhere to be seen.
After a day of loving this polish I did the challenges. I used UberChic Christmas 01 and Hit the Bottle Snowed Under to stamp the christmas jumper type pattern with the reindeer faces.
Then I used a Sharpie to add red noses, as we all know Rudolph has a red nose.
Then I mixed brown Sharpie and some nail varnish remover to make a light brown wash and coloured the reindeer in. (oh look - no picture of this stage... that was supposed to be the submission for #clairestelle8dec but I deleted the picture by mistake!)
Then I used my Kandy Colors Jellies to tint the nails with pink and blue for the Ugly Sweater prompt.
And finally, I added a matte top coat.
Bear Pawlish Scar
Bear Pawlish Scar
Bear Pawlish Scar

Bear Pawlish Scar
Bear Pawlish Scar
Bear Pawlish Scar
UberChic Christmas 01
UberChic Christmas 01
UberChic Christmas 01

UberChic Christmas 01

UberChic Christmas 01

No comments:

Post a Comment