Friday 20 November 2015

November Challenges - Shattered Glass

The prompt for #wnac2015 was Shattered Glass and I assume that we were supposed to try that new technique that people have been doing recently.
Well, I invested a huge amount of money (well £5) in a box of Quality Street so I could use the cellophane wrappers off the chocolates for this but it didn't work very well for me.
Anyway, I skimmed through my plates and spotted an image I thought might work and I think the outcome is OK.
I started with a base of A England Ophelia, super dark with a gorgeous purple shimmer. I took a couple of shots with the flash to make sure I picked that up!
Then I added a coat of Avon Magic Effects Frayed Edges. This is a glitter topper of white and silver bar glitter in a clear base, rather like the feathers polishes that Nails Inc brought out a couple of years ago. I rather liked them but some of mine have dried up so I picked up a few Avon ones at a great price.
Then I stamped a mosaic sort of image from Uber Chic UC 5-02 with Avon Metallic Effects Arctic Steel. I think it looks a bit like shattered glass?
A England Ophelia
A England Ophelia
A England Ophelia
 A England Ophelia
 A England Ophelia
Avon Frayed Edges
Avon Frayed Edges
 Avon Frayed Edges
Uber Chic UC 5-02 and Avon Arctic Steel
Uber Chic UC 5-02 and Avon Arctic Steel
 Uber Chic UC 5-02 and Avon Arctic Steel

No comments:

Post a Comment