Friday 9 October 2015

October Challenges - Damask and Holo

Just one challenge on this post, Damask and Holo for #wnac2015. However I have to take the opportunity to review one of the loveliest holos I have tried in a long time!!
As I mentioned in an earlier post I bought the September Paint the Rainbow box from Rainbow Connection. There are 5 polishes in the box, all lovely in wonderful shades of green and blue but there is one clear favourite - Colors by Llarowe Thing 1 & Thing 2. Such a cool name, those naughty characters are so funny!
This polish is a stunning light teal shade - just the sort of shade I would not wear if it was a cream, but as a holo, so much softer and utterly gorgeous - you get that I like this one!!
The quality as ever is fantastic, good coverage in 2 coats, dried well with that gorgeous holo.
Pictures are taken with top coat.
(I will add that I would never have thought to matte a holo but I matted the mani that followed on from this and the polish looked amazing - itching to try that again on a whole nail rather than buried under all the other stuff going on)
The challenge was Damask using Holo polishes, but I have learned the hard way and decided not to risk a frustrating failure, stamping holo on holo seems to result in me taking  10,000 photos that do not show any stamping at all. I played safe on this one!
Mindful of a teal challenge also due today, I stamped with Nails Inc Gosfield Street. This polish stamped really nicely, certainly well enough to be seen over the CBL. I chose one of the images on Apipila Super Plate A that seemed appropriate and I was really pleased with the outcome.
The only problem now is the photos - I don't actually have white zombie hands, they do have some colour but at least I caught the holo!
Colors by Llarowe Thing 1 and Thing 2
Colors by Llarowe Thing 1 and Thing 2
 Colors by Llarowe Thing 1 and Thing 2
 Colors by Llarowe Thing 1 and Thing 2
 Colors by Llarowe Thing 1 and Thing 2
 Colors by Llarowe Thing 1 and Thing 2

Damask with Apipila Super Plate A
Damask with Apipila Super Plate A
Damask with Apipila Super Plate A

 Damask with Apipila Super Plate A

No comments:

Post a Comment