Saturday 3 October 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Hobbies

OK, so I started a new challenge yesterday, one of Crumpet's Nail Tarts challenges. This one will posting every Friday but I was just a bit late joining, so here I am - a day late.
The first prompt was Hobbies so of course now you see why I couldn't miss this one, any excuse for a knitting mani!
Of course you know I love to knit, it is my main hobby (apart from nails) and I have just worked out I have been knitting for about 40 years!!
For this mani I started with a base of Leighton Denny I Like Lilac, one of the freebies from the September Harpers Bazaar magazine. This is a lovely shade- a bit duskier on the nail than in the bottle which was a pleasant surprise.
Then I stamped using another of the Harpers Bazaar freebies, Leighton Denny Really Royal. This is a really deep plummy purple and it stamped really well! I used Vivid Lacquer VL 025 which is an interesting plate, it was not obvious to me how the stamping was going to to look until I tried it, it's clearly very different to Messy Mansion MM40, but I am really pleased with how it turned out and I love those two purples together.
I did take a shot with glossy top coat but I think this is one of those manis where matte is better.
Vivid Lacquer VL 025 and Leighton Denny Really Royal
Vivid Lacquer VL 025 and Leighton Denny Really Royal
Leighton Denny I Like Lilac
 Vivid Lacquer VL 025 and Leighton Denny Really Royal
 Vivid Lacquer VL 025 and Leighton Denny Really Royal


















4 comments: