Sunday 12 July 2015

Wiki'd Nails - Salicylic Acid

This week's Wiki'd Nails Challenge was Salicylic Acid - this is extracted from the bark of the willow tree so I bring you willowy nails (or as close as I could get them), and some flowery nails at the end too!
I started with a base of the lovely Kandy.Colors Avacado Smoothie and then added my willow bark with UberChic Beauty UC2-02 and Kleancolor Metallic Brown. Then I added my willow leaves with Born Pretty BP-19 and Virtuous Polish Rahab.
I think the combination of colours and plates worked quite well although I couldn't help thinking a panda would be well at home in this background!
Anyway in the absence of a panda stamp I couldn't resist adding some flowers for #hawaiianshirtmanifriday with Moyou London Tropical 03 and Virtuous Polishes Patience and Holy City. These looked OK but there was still something missing so I added more flowers from Moyou London Tropical 03 with Virtuous Polishes Miriam.
Finally, as if 4 layers of stamping wasn't enough, I added a coat of Above the Curve Ruby Rhod, a gorgeous holo top coat, just to soften the whole effect.
The flowers weren't part of the challenge so I have filed them in the July album rather than the Wiki'd album - just in case anyone is looking for them!!
Kandy.Colors Avacado Smoothie
Kandy.Colors Avacado Smoothie
UberChic Beauty UC2-02 with Kleancolor Metallic Brown  and  Born Pretty BP-19 with Virtuous Polish Rahab
UberChic Beauty UC2-02 with Kleancolor Metallic Brown
and  Born Pretty BP-19 with Virtuous Polish Rahab

Moyou London Tropical 03 and Virtuous Polishes Patience and Holy City
Moyou London Tropical 03 and Virtuous Polishes
Patience and Holy City
Moyou London Tropical 03 and Virtuous Polishes Patience, Holy City and Miriam
Moyou London Tropical 03 and Virtuous Polishes
Patience, Holy City and Miriam
Moyou London Tropical 03 and Virtuous Polishes  Patience, Holy City and Miriam and  Above the Curve Ruby Rhod holo top coat
Moyou London Tropical 03 and Virtuous Polishes
Patience, Holy City and Miriam and
Above the Curve Ruby Rhod holo top coat


No comments:

Post a Comment