Tuesday 5 May 2015

May Challenges - Purple / Dry Brush and Inspired by Another Artist

The #30daysofcolourchallenge for May 4th is Purple / Dry Brush.
For purple I have used OPI I'm Feeling Sashy, which has sat untried for far too long. It is a lovely creme polish in a dusky plum shade. This is a beautiful polish, almost neutral in tone and very wearable.
I did google dry brush and I am not sure I'd like it on me, but there aren't any rules on how you apply the dry brush so I decided to use it just to add some colour ready for the next challenge - that way, if I didn't like it I could just cover it up! I used Virtuous Polish Queen Ester to add some pastel lilac to my purple base and I am surprised how much I liked it- I think the blue lilac pastel shade went well with the redder OPI shade.
#clairestelle8may challenge for 5th May is "Inspired by another artist". I wasn't sure if this was intended to be a nail artist (who would I choose from all those talented ladies out there!) or just any artist but I have gone for Monet. I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to art, I only know of a few artists but I do love Monet's waterlilies so that is my inspiration for the mani.
I have used Vivid Laqcuer VL 030 and Virtuous Polishes Miriam and Deborah to add some flowers, and then finally Virtuous Polish Rahab to add some greenery, using the same plate and an image which is the same pattern as the previous one but in outline only.
I love this Vivid Lacquer plate and the thing I like about the image I used first is the way it prints bands of flowers but leaves strips where the base colour shows through.
I am pretty pleased with the way this turned out. I am not claiming it looks anything like a Monet, but I like it anyway!
OPI I'm Feeling Sashy
OPI I'm Feeling Sashy
OPI I'm Feeling Sashy and Virtuous Polish Queen Ester
OPI I'm Feeling Sashy and Virtuous Polish Queen Ester 
Virtuous Polish Miram, Deborah and Rahab, Vivid Lacquer VL 030
Virtuous Polish Miram, Deborah and Rahab,
Vivid Lacquer VL 030
Virtuous Polish Miram, Deborah and Rahab, Vivid Lacquer VL 030





No comments:

Post a Comment