Thursday 23 April 2015

April Challenges - Virtuous Polish Paradise Cllection

I don't think I have ever blogged swatches before but #30daysofcolourchallenge is actually a swatch challenge, today's prompt is "newest" and I had 7 new polishes that needed swatching so it made sense.
I ordered the brand new Virtuous Polish Paradise Collection from Rainbow Connection and they arrived today. My first question to Annette before I ordered was "do they stamp?" so of course that's what I wanted to try.
I used Messy Mansion MM46 to test all of these.
4 of the polishes are matte, and were pretty certain to stamp but I decided to try all 7. I have plenty of polishes and really don't need more for actual nail painting, but I still think I have scope to acquire more stamping polishes. I also don't generally chose to wear bright colours but stamping is a whole different thing.
Firstly I tried the 4 that I knew should stamp, Glory, Green Pastures, Holy City and Mercy Seat, and yes they all stamped really well. I tested them over my earlier mani (lazy I know but no use wasting a nice dark base). The 3rd one, Holy City is not that clear over the green base but the polish itself stamped nicely. I already love all 4!!
I don't like matte polish so I haven't swatched these as polish.
The other 3 are different. Crystal Seas is a teal polish with blue shimmer, very pretty - it did stamp but was quite subtle. I painted my little finger with this, it applied well and gave good coverage with 2 coats. Then I stamped Mercy Seat over it to see that over a paler colour.
I painted my ring finger with Streets of Gold. I don't usually like gold polish but this is pretty, almost coppery with a lovely shimmer. I stamped over it with Holy City and the stamping was much clearer than over the green holo.
Finally I painted the other 2 nails black and tried Pearly Gates and Streets of Gold. I didn't have huge expectations that these would stamp but I was very impressed with Streets of Gold.
Pearly Gates was interesting. It was too sheer for me to wear on its own but I thought it gave a nice effect stamped. It has tiny iridescent glitters in it and catches the light nicely. It's probably my least favourite, and I probably will wear it as a topper, or use it for subtle stamping.
All in all, I am delighted with these. Can't wait to start using them.
Glory, Green Pastures, Holy City  and Mercy Seat over a dark base
Glory, Green Pastures, Holy City
and Mercy Seat over a dark base
Streets of Gold and Pearly Gates over black,  Holy City over Streets of Gold and  Mercy Seat over Crystal Seas
Streets of Gold and Pearly Gates over black,
Holy City over Streets of Gold and
Mercy Seat over Crystal Seas 



No comments:

Post a Comment