Tuesday 28 April 2015

April Challenges - Untried and Neon Geometrics

Today’s challenge for #30daysofcolourchallenge was to swatch an untried. So, about as far away from Halloween as we could get, I have tried Smitten Polish Cauldron Bubble. I bought this a while back along with Fire Burn which is stunning. This one is too! It is a charcoal grey holo, packed full of sparkle. It looks amazing in the sunlight, the glitter is very fine and just so sparkly! The formula to be honest was not a great as Smittens usually are, it was a bit gloopy so application was slightly challenging but once the two coats were on it looked great. Pictures are taken with topcoat.
The #ukstampingapril challenge was neon geometrics, so I have stamped neon over the Smitten. I used UberChic Beauty UC 1-01 and Virtuous Polishes Green Pastures, Glory, Diligence and Patience (green, yellow, orange and pink). When will I learn that although I can use 4 colours on the stamping plate and pick them all up, my nails are not that wide – doh! Anyway, all the nails have 3 colours on, one thumb managed to get all 4. The neon is not quite as vibrant as if I had used a pale base or a finer design but I am happy with these. I have test stamped a couple of these polishes and the neon is a lot more vibrant on thin lines rather than these small geometric blocks but I think the colours work well together, and I can see the Smitten sparkling through.
Smitten Polish Cauldron Bubble
Smitten Polish Cauldron Bubble
#30daysofcolourchallenge
 Smitten Polish Cauldron Bubble
UberChic Beauty UC 1-01
UberChic Beauty UC 1-01 and Virtuous Polishes
 Green Pastures, Glory, Diligence and Patience
#ukstampersapril
 UberChic Beauty UC 1-01





No comments:

Post a Comment