Friday 17 April 2015

April Challenges - Shimmer and Retro

Today's challenges are Shimmer for #30daysofcolourchallenge and Retro for #clairestelle8april.
For the shimmer I have chosen Danglefoot Polish Grandma's Dress. I bought this polish recently in the Vintage Trio from UK Indie maker, Danglefoot Polish. The trio included this polish, a gorgeous mid-blue and a lovely darkish nude.
Grandma's dress is a pretty pinky nude shimmer, quite a dusky shade and very wearable.
This applied really nicely and pictures are taken with top coat. Although a bit wary of pink, I like the duskier shades like this and the shimmer is lovely.
The retro part of the mani was all planned out but the first image wouldn't stamp nicely, the first polish looked wrong, so after a couple of false starts I made it up as I went along. I had googled retro patterns and had an idea of the colour combinations I wanted - they all reminded me of 70's wallpaper!
In the end I stamped with Virtuous Polish Ruth (peach) and Naomi (teal) and Moyou London Back to the 20s 05 over the vintage dusky pink. I wasn't entirely happy with that - something was missing so I stamped Born Pretty Store BP L-003 with Essence Stampy 001. I liked that a lot more- the white seemed to bring it all together.
Danglefoot Polish Grandma's Dress
Danglefoot Polish Grandma's Dress
#30daysofcolourchallenge
 Danglefoot Polish Grandma's Dress
 Danglefoot Polish Grandma's Dress

Moyou London Back to the 20s 05  and Born Pretty Store BP L-003
Retro - Moyou London Back to the 20s 05
and Born Pretty Store BP L-003,
Virtuous polish Ruth and Naomi, Essence Stampy 001
#clairestelle8april
Moyou London Back to the 20s 05  and Born Pretty Store BP L-003
 Moyou London Back to the 20s 05  and Born Pretty Store BP L-003






2 comments: