Friday 24 April 2015

April Challenges - Oldest and Houndstooth

Today I am combining two challenges, "oldest" for #30daysofcolourchallenge and "houndstooth" for #ukstampersapril.
I started with one of my oldest polishes, Avon Classic Fit. Even after all these years I still love this polish. It's such a gorgeous dark glossy blue, everything I would want in a polish and it still applies really nicely. I have also recently discovered that it stamps well too so it's an all round winner.
These pictures were taken without a top coat!
Then I stamped with one of my newest polishes. Rainbow Connection has recently started stocking Hit the Bottle, an Australian brand, so I bought one to give it a try. They have a huge range of colours to choose from and I really didn't know where to start so I went for Copper Haired Girls as it is least like any other polish I own, and WOW! It is amazing. I loved it from the moment I opened the package, it stamped beautifully and then when I top coated it, it sent shivers down my spine!
I used DRK-A to stamp the houndstooth pattern and I think the metallic copper shade works so well with the dark blue. It is manis like these that make me wish I wasn't doing so many challenges - I'd wear this for days!!
Avon Classic Fit
Avon Classic Fit
#30daysofcolourchallenge
Hit the Bottle Copper Haired Girl and DRK-A
Hit the Bottle Copper Haired Girl and DRK-A
#ukstampersapril
 Hit the Bottle Copper Haired Girl and DRK-A





2 comments: