Friday 20 March 2015

March Challenge #clairestelle8march - Butterflies

Claire's challenge for us today is butterflies. I have a few plates with butterflies on and I'd been waiting for the right time to get them out, seems like today is the day!
I used my A2Z mani from yesterday as my base, I thought the lovely silver holo sparkle would make a great background for butterflies!
I used my blue alcohol ink, and a tiny bit of red to tint 2 fingers and the thumb of each hand. Then I used A England Camelot to stamp the beautiful butterflies from UberChic Beauty UC1-02. I probably should have paid more attention to remove partial bits of butterfly, I will do next time!
On the 2 un-tinted nails I used pink and purple sharpies to colour the butterflies' wings. The tiny bit of red I added to the blue tint base gives a hint of purple which in my mind would bring the whole thing together...that was the plan. I love the way that the Whisper still sparkles through the stamping and colour.
I am still playing with idea of 2 accent nails, partly because I am torn between wanting to play with different bases, wanting to do lead-lighting style techniques with polishes or sharpies but don't quite have the patience to do all 10 nails, but still not entirely comfortable with having nails that don't all match!
Anyway, I am really pleased with these, I think they are really pretty - I hope Claire likes them!
Lots of pictures, again! and couldn't resist a few with my favourite vase!
Butterflies - UberChic Beauty UC1-02
Butterflies - UberChic Beauty UC1-02
Butterflies - UberChic Beauty UC1-02
 Butterflies - UberChic Beauty UC1-02
 Butterflies - UberChic Beauty UC1-02
 Butterflies - UberChic Beauty UC1-02
Butterflies - UberChic Beauty UC1-02
Butterflies - UberChic Beauty UC1-02
 Butterflies - UberChic Beauty UC1-02

No comments:

Post a Comment