Friday 20 February 2015

Stamping! with Pet'la plates, A England Saint George and Mentality Green Opaque over Fancy Gloss Pumpkin Patch

I have a 3 part mani to share with you today, a new polish and 2 new plates. This is also my Chinese New Year mani but I'll try not to make the post too long!!
I started with Fancy Gloss Pumpkin Patch, which is a beautiful pumpkin orange with really pretty glitter that picks up red, yellow and green in the light. I think this might have been limited edition (for Halloween) but I bought mine from Rainbow Connection and it is still available there.
The polish applied well, good coverage in 2 coats although I could see the nail line in the light. Not so much that it worried me but I am finding the longer my nails are the more I can see it as light shines through - I'll have to learn to live with it!
I did this mani over 3 days, so yesterday, Chinese New Year, I added the Mentality Green Opaque and used Pet'la plate Golden Russian. I love the Pet'la plates - they are brass so they look a lot different to all my other plates but the quality is excellent.
I think the metallic Mentality polish worked well over Pumpkin Patch, a lovely contrast between the soft polished sheen of the green  and the sparkly intense orange.
Finally, today, I added a 2nd layer of stamping with A England Saint George, a gorgeous dark intense holo teal and Pet'la plate Flake No More. I love it!! I think the dark teal with the paler green work really well against the orange, and again the plate was brilliant.
I love double stamping, it's a bit trial and error for me but sometimes you get some really lovely combinations, and whilst I wouldn't wear orange for more than a day or two, I'd happily wear this for some time!
Fancy Gloss Pumpkin Patch
Fancy Gloss Pumpkin Patch
 Fancy Gloss Pumpkin Patch
Mentality Green Opaque  and Pet'la plate Golden Russian
Mentality Green Opaque
and Pet'la
 plate Golden Russian
 Mentality Green Opaque  and Pet'la plate Golden Russian
A England Saint George and  Pet'la plate Flake No More
A England Saint George and
Pet'la plate Flake No More
 A England Saint George and  Pet'la plate Flake No More


1 comment:

  1. I think I don't like the stamping too much in this one, but I do love the base. Orange is my favourite colour, and that is some great shade of it!

    ReplyDelete