Friday 17 October 2014

Stamping! Nails Inc Motcomb Street over Above the Curve Don't Blink

Today I have used my newest plate, from Moyou London's Explorer Collection, number 22. This is  beautiful plate full of delightful squirly patterns. Since it arrived just after I had painted my nails with  Above the Curve Don't Blink, I spent a day trying to decide what colour would work with the silver holo. I decided I wanted a strong enough colour to stand out, but didn't want to go for black.
In the end I chose Nails Inc Motcomb Street, thinking navy blue would go quite well. As it turned out, one coat of Motcomb Street isn't that dark and it almost has a tealy tone to it that disappears completely when worn as a solid polish. However, I think it worked quite well and I am pleased with the finished mani and the inky tone of the stamping.
I think it's safe to say I am enjoying stamping, made sightly less mess this time and was a bit more successful with picking up the images. Placement is still rather hit and miss but I think it matters less with these patterns; I have yet to try stamping a straight rectangular image onto my nails - expect a few wonky posts!!!
Nails Inc Motcomb Street over  Above the Curve Don't Blink
Nails Inc Motcomb Street over
 Above the Curve Don't Blink
  Nails Inc Motcomb Street over  Above the Curve Don't Blink
  Nails Inc Motcomb Street over  Above the Curve Don't Blink
 Nails Inc Motcomb Street over  Above the Curve Don't Blink
 Nails Inc Motcomb Street over  Above the Curve Don't Blink
 Nails Inc Motcomb Street over  Above the Curve Don't Blink


1 comment:

  1. It did turn out pretty well, I just wish it was bit more defined. It's nice that you were trying to go for something different than the usual black though. I do admire you for trying something other than the norm!

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/11/dnf-hilltop.html

    ReplyDelete