Thursday 4 September 2014

Cadillacquer The Dark ... Whatever

Today's polish is the beautiful Cadillacquer, The Dark...Whatever, which I have had for quite some time waiting to be used. Cadillacquer is one of my favourite brands so the polishes sit waiting for a special occasions, which is silly - they ought just to be worn and enjoyed, whatever the occasion.
This has a grey base with dark blue hexes, small blue glitter and fine black micro glitter. The base is a dark grey with a hint of slatey blue, but it is quite a sheer polish. One coat was extremely sheer and 2 was not going to cover my nail line so I have used a base of Avon Neutral Grey. Neutral Grey is actually quite a warm mid grey but having applied 2 coats of the Dark...Whatever, I don't think the colour has been too distorted by the use of the base, the colour on the nail looks pretty much like that in the bottle. I may try this again with a blue base, if I can find a nice slate blue.
This is a lovely polish, I think with 2 coats the glitter distribution is perfect and I like the combination of dark grey with the blue and black. It applied well, although with sheer polishes you do have to be careful to get the coats very evenly applied to avoid streaking. It dried quickly, with a nice smooth finish.
I love this grey with a hint of blue, it's a wonderful shade and one I find very wearable.
Cadillacquer The Dark ... Whatever
Cadillacquer The Dark ... Whatever
 Cadillacquer The Dark ... Whatever
 Cadillacquer The Dark ... Whatever
 Cadillacquer The Dark ... Whatever
 Cadillacquer The Dark ... Whatever
Cadillacquer The Dark ... Whatever
 Cadillacquer The Dark ... Whatever
 Cadillacquer The Dark ... Whatever

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely autumn/winter polish, I'm currently in love with grey polishes so this is right up my street at the moment! :)

    ReplyDelete