Tuesday 30 September 2014

Above the Curve Slitheen

Today's polish is gorgeous! When I first saw this one I just had to have it.
This summer Above the Curve brought out a range of polishes inspired by Doctor Who and when I saw swatches Slitheen was the one I absolutely had to have. Obviously there are others too, as they are all gorgeous but this one is so utterly unique in my collection. Although I have a lot of greens, I have nothing else remotely similar: I did think maybe A England Beauty Never Fails, or OPI Live and Let Die, - they are my darkest greens but neither are holo or actually that close when you look. I'll do a comparison post when I take this off and link it in.
I bought this from Sally Magpies who has recently started stocking Above the Curve polishes and when I last checked it was still in stock.
Slitheen, inspired by flatulent green aliens (!), is a stunning dark foresty green with scattered holo. As I may have mentioned before, blues and greens are my most favourite shades for nails, the darker the better so this is just perfect. It has a lovely golden warmth to it, and it is a perfect autumnal polish although being this beautiful I would happily wear it all year round. Although it is dark, it's not so dark that it looks black, the colour and tone is just spot on. I love it!!!
It painted on well, good coverage in 2 coats, and pictures are taken with a layer of top coat which did not dull the holo at all.
Unfortunately the weather has not been the best, so I haven't had a lot of sunshine and my pictures are a bit disappointing as I haven't captured the holo at all. This is such a shame because I really want everyone to see just how special this polish is! You should at least be able to see that this has a gorgeous shimmer, and that it is the most beautiful colour.
Above the Curve Slitheen
Above the Curve Slitheen
 Above the Curve Slitheen
Above the Curve Slitheen
 Above the Curve Slitheen
Above the Curve Slitheen
 Above the Curve Slitheen
Above the Curve Slitheen

No comments:

Post a Comment