Friday 1 March 2013

Leighton Denny Blue Lagoon and China Glaze Mosaic Madness

Its still Summer week on the facebook group so I have tried another if my summery polishes. I don't have many as I have a preference for darks or nudes but these themed weeks are great for encouraging me to widen my horizons a little.
I got Blue Lagoon in set for a brilliant price when I was looking for Maroon Me Knot, but I thought it would be perfect for a summery look and a good base for Mosaic Madness.
This is a beautiful shade, like a pale teal. It reminds me a bit of Notorious but I think maybe its a tiny bit more green, I don't have that any more so I can't compare and I'm not sure my pics are good enough to make a fair comparison.
Blue Lagoon went on well in 2 coats, but I do think my nails are a bit too short and my hands a bit too pale to to real justice to it.
Leighton Denny Blue Lagoon
Leighton Denny Notorius - taken about a year ago... lighting is not the same but look pretty similar to me :)
China Glaze Mosaic Madness is another of the Glitz Bitz 'n Pieces collection, this time blue and black hexes with black bar glitter. Its quite a bright blue and and I think in contrast, it makes the Blue Lagoon look more green. It went on quite nicely although you do have to be careful not to put too much on to start with and I do have 2 fingers with lots of bar glitter and 2 with none! I was getting better by the second hand, its more evenly distributed.
 And then a another shot with a new pair of gloves I've just finished.
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment