Thursday 21 February 2013

OPI Thanks a Windmillion & China Glaze Graffiti Glitter

When OPI brought out their Holland collection last year, I knew instantly which 3 I needed, I have a Herring Problem, I Don't give a Rotterdam and the one I am now wearing, Thanks a Windmillion.
For those that might ask, slightly darker and greyer than Mermaids Tears, close enough that you probably don't need both, but different enough that I had  a clear favourite.
It painted on well and although I often need 3 coats with OPI 2 was sufficient.
It is the most perfect soft green, I absolutely love it, and here it is, with green gloves!
Gorgeous, and almost a pity to cover it up but a new arrival was just crying out to be worn, and after doing a few test swatches I thought these would be perfect together.
China Glaze Graffiti Glitter is a mixture of black & green hexes and fine glitter and black bar glitter. I fell in love with this range when I first saw the swatches just before Christmas.
I generally prefer to put glitter over dark undies but as you can see at the top of the page, when I swatched the NI Graffitis they worked well over light and dark. I was surprised how  much I liked them over the lighter shade, and in fact the these CG's that have black glitter in them would lose a lot of contrast over dark undies.
So here are a few pics, couple of different pairs of gloves too.
 
 
 
 
None of these shots actually managed to pick up the green in the glitter, so here is one more.

2 comments:

  1. I JUST swapped Thanks a Windmillion on the swap page, I'm so pleased I saw this page! I have it with me today and China Glaze Fancy Pants and just can't decide which to wear first x

    www.nailtheday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh just googled that - Fancy Pants is a very pretty blue!
    I really love Windmillion though xx

    ReplyDelete