Thursday 21 February 2013

Avon Plum Illusion Mosaic Effects

Yesterday I decided to give this one a try, I bought 3 of these a while back in the purple, pink and blue. The purple is called Plum Illusion.
I did swatch them when they arrived, satisfied myself I would like them but this is the first actual manicure.
I am not a big fan of crackle / shatter. I tried a red and a blue a while back and they just weren't me but since then I have tried the more shimmery ones and I like them a lot more.

I have used this over Leighton Denny Graycious, and for a subtle look I think the contrast is just right. The purple is a lovely shimmery shade, and the cracks are quite subtle themselves. It dried and cracked quickly and then I put a coat of Leighton Denny Crystal Finish on top. This really brought the nails to life and I am really pleased with the result.
Here it is with purple gloves I made with some leftover purple wool.
And here, matching to my purple cords and purple cardigan, since it is still Matchy Matchy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment